Saturday, January 05, 2008

A Nostalgic Trip to Disneyland

After all those color shots from the 1970s, it is time for a change of pace. This is a nice collection of black and white snapshots of a visit to Disneyland in approximately 1957. The first image shows the lovely lady posing in front of the TWA Rocket to the Moon. I want to know how she got the Red Wagon Inn children's menu? She definitely is not a child!

Here is a nice image of the TWA Rocket. I am amazed that even at this time period, Tomorrowland had more activity than it does know. On the left hand side is the fence of the Flight Circle.

The next two images are of the Mark Twain circumnavigating the Rivers of America. The first picture is in front of the Chicken Plantation.

The next image is the lady standing in front of the Chicken of the Sea restaurant. It appears this is before lunch as she is not carrying the menu.

Finally here she is (well in a kind of Where's Waldo shot) in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle. It appears none of the other guests saw her husband with the camera taking the picture.

4 comments:

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Super Series! Hey, is that my Aunt Marsha in the first picture, sure looks like her! I swear she had a necklace just like that one and that dress, those shoes, that purse… I digress….

Neato Castle shot, it does appear as if the photographer was invisible! Check out the grass on the left, that little 27 cents a foot fencing cracks me up, and the grass itself looks kinda like my back yard, and that’s not saying much!

Thanks Matterhorn, I will be examining these gems all day!

Major Pepperidge said...

I always hoped that I would find photos like this among my grandma's stuff after she died. My grandparents went to the park in 1955, and they were the ones who took me on my first trips back when I was a kid. No photos existed, though....bummer!

jedblau said...

Great shots!

CoxPilot said...

I like these B&W's. They seem just like the kind I used to take with my old Ansco. The flight circle was operated by a local Orange County Model club in those days, but was soon to have Wen-Mac take over, that's when the Wen-Mac flags went up. By 1959 L.M. Cox Mfg took over from them, and the Flight Circle added a name, "The Thimble Drome."