Sunday, January 13, 2008

More Electrical Light Parade

Just to keep the joy going on in everyone's head, here are three more images from the Electrical Light Parade. The first shows on of the rare costumed characters, King Leonidas from Bedknobs and Broomsticks. He is the ruler of the island of Naboombu. The film was released in 1971 so this was a tie in to the current film.

The next slide is kind of an abstract of the lights on a float.

Finally what parade is a parade without large drums?

So just keep humming Baroque Hoedown all day and you will feel like you are back at Disneyland during the summer of 1971.

4 comments:

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

AHHHH, I finally stopped humming that tune last night, now its BACK! Nice pic of King Leonidas, rare indeed. "Bed knobs & Broomsticks" I was only 6 but I still remember the hype about this movie, when we went to see it I was "under-whelmed" still am!!!

Thanks!!

Major Pepperidge said...

I still haven't seen "B & B", can you believe it? I did have a comic book that had the story, when I was a kid!

1971, I might very well have been there for that parade!!

Anonymous said...

Is that the face of the float operator through that porthole in the first pic?

Matterhorn1959 said...

Yes that is the driver peeking through the window.