Monday, March 05, 2007

Yacht Bar in Tomorrowland 1966

The Yacht Bar is one of the fast food places that appear in many photographs, usually off to the side. These two shots are amazing for showing the small size of the place as well as the corporate synergy. The first shot is of the exterior with its nautical theming and great sign. The second shot shows the deli like cases in the front. The Lemonade is Sunkist (sponsor of Sunkist I Presume in Adventureland and the Citrus House on Main Street), the chips are Fritos (Casa De Fritos in Frontierland) and I am sure the Tuna was Chicken of the Sea (the Pirate ship in Fantasyland.) I like the selection of desserts in the case including donuts. And the Submarine Sandwich is named after one of the submarines at the neighboring Submarine Voyage attraction.

6 comments:

thepicklebarrel said...

my lord...is this collection insane!

Major Pepperidge said...

Yup, how many times can I be amazed?? Love the closeup interior (though the exterior is awesome too)! I think somewhere I have two interiors of the Space Bar, if I can ever find 'em.

Hrundi V. Bakshi said...

40 cents for a Coffee & slice of Pie?!?!! These theme park food prices are outrageous!

FoxxFur said...

Oh, hey, the interior is bigger than I thought it would be... The Yacht Bar is a running joke among my friends and it's fun to see it up close here. =)

Merlinsguy said...

Why do I remember that Submarine sandwich sign and not my Newphew's last name?

Tinker Bell said...

Oh I've always wondered what The Yacht Bar looked like inside. Too cool!
Only now I'm craving pie...