Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Three Views of the Space Bar and One of the Yacht Bar

Since Major Pepperidge mentioned he had some interior shots of the Space Bar, I thought I would beat him to the punch and post my images of the Space Bar. The first two show the exterior of the building with its wonderful cool blue tile, the Calder like mobile structure and the fiberglass paneling giving the area color. The interior shows that most of the fast service restaurants looked the same. They remind me of the snack bars one sees at High School, Little League and Pop Warner football fields.

The final image is another interior shot of the Yacht Bar. When I was looking through the photos yesterday to post, I missed this one. The girls definitely look like the Southern California girls in the Beach Boys and Jan and Dean songs. And this is one of the few places where both Coca Cola and Pepsi Cola are available. Ahh, the days before corporate exclusivity!

5 comments:

Merlinsguy said...

Love these interior shots!

Peter VINCENT said...

Check Out those prices! 65 cents for a slice of "Fresh Baked Pizza". Hot Dogs 35 cents! Coffee a Dime!! Wow.
Regards
PeVi

Major Pepperidge said...

At least now I don't have to dig for my interior slides!! Plus I wasn't 100 percent sure mine were of the Space Bar, and now I know thare are. Great shots!

Hrundi V. Bakshi said...

Coca Cola AND Pepsi Cola sold in the same location?!?!?!

You won't see THAT anymore.

Great stuff as always. Nice to see the Space Bar.

Bearride - Raymond said...

I love that it's only .15 and .25 cents for a pepsi or coke. talk about inflation!