Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Sergeant Preston Kids Amateur Dog Show Parade 1957

To add to both Daveland's Blog and Major Pepperidge's Blog, here are two images from the Parade down Main Street featuring Sergeant Preston and the lucky kids who participated in Disneyland's Annual Kids Amateur Dog Show. The second image is a close up of the parade and I really like the sign that Sherrif Lucky 1 and 2 are carrying with Goofy and the Ken-L-Ration dog on it. Written on the back of these photos is the date 3-31-1957. I think these photos were taken at the same time as Major Pepperidges as I have the same photo that he posted.

3 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

Wow, this was a well-photographed event! Daveland's is cool due to the fact that it is an amateur photo.

Matterhorn, you said you have the same photo as me...I have a large-format negative, is that what you have? I always thought those were unique, but of course copies can be made. Just curious!

Matterhorn1959 said...

Major- I purchased the photo (a modern print) and the two photos shown here years ago at the Long Beach Veterans Stadium swap meet.

Hrundi V. Bakshi said...

Disneyland Blog Synergy