Sunday, March 04, 2007

Main Street Art Festival and Portrait Studio

I am happy that Disneyland still has a location where you can have your portrait drawn in seven minutes. It is a place that started many an artist's career at Disneyland including Charles Boyer and Jody Daily. In the 1960's before New Orleans Square, the location was on Main Street across from the Flower Market. The signs were quite colorful to draw attention to this now staple of Theme parks, amusement parks and even county fairs and shopping centers. So this post is dedicated to the artists who can do a personal portrait in seven minutes all over the world.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My sister and I visited the park in the late 60's and my parents had a pastel portrait done of the two of us. It was lovely and I just remembered it as I read your post. I wonder where it is now?

I guess I'll have to break down and ask my mom... ;-)

Major Pepperidge said...

Nice. What's with the "cage"? I can't imagine what that's for!!

Hrundi V. Bakshi said...

The Lord of the Signs.

These look like they were taken before park open by a Cast member - especially the 2nd one with a truck on stage - it's definitely early morning with the shadows coming from the East-side of Main Street, U.S.A. Could be a "Closed Day" too . . . .

Tinker Bell said...

Thanks for that dedication! ;)