Friday, January 12, 2007

Souvenir Friday- Martin Musical Instruments Ad 1955

This was an ad that ran in a musical instrument magazine with the title Instrumentalist in 1955. Ad copy features the display at the Wurlitzer store of various musical instruments. The instruments were supplied by Martin for the display. The German Band musicians depicted in the drawing were also part of one window display. I love finding these items for companies that were at Disneyland tied their advertising to that fact.

Another image of Main Street, this time the side door to the Emporium. It is still before park opening for the day and a tired janitor is exiting the door. Growing up I do not remember the giant castle being over the door, I wonder when it was removed. I know the sign on the window is still up there, a nod to Walt's dad and his construction work at the 1893 Columbian Exposition.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't remember if I've commented on your blog before, but I really love it, all of it. Thank you for this daily treat. I've only been reading a couple of weeks, so I have some catching up to do.
The photos of the main street shops and your comments are great.

Anonymous said...

I wonder if a Disney artist illustrated that ad? Before I clicked on it I hoped it might be a Ward Kimball piece, but it is definitely not his style.

The castle over the doorway is a great detail! I wish I had that in my collection.

Kevin Kidney said...

Imagine! Stacia Martin at Disneyland! Oh, wrong Martin??

Hey Patrick, great seeing you at the NFFC today! I'll try to comment more often on the AMAZING and SHOCKING visual feast you provide for us everyday. I check it every single evening and I suppose I should comment more, since you aren't able to view my joyful expressions nor hear my applause.

Enjoy a Bali Hai Mai Tai while you're in San Diego!

-Miehana (Kevin)

sophia said...

Wow.....What a nice post!!....Your post is an excellent example of why I keep coming back to read your excellent quality content that is forever updated.I would like to read newer posts and to share my thoughts with you.Thanks a lot....


instruments