Friday, January 26, 2007

Souvenir Friday- Frito Kid Mug from Frito House

I think I have written before about how my family would always eat at Casa De Fritos, or in later years when the name had changed to Casa Mexicana, for lunch every trip to Disneyland. Based upon these memories some of my favorite things are souvenirs from Casa De Fritos. This one is rather nice a drinking mug with the Frito Kid on the front and a decal on the back stating from the Frito House in Disneyland. I believe this may be from when Casa De Fritos was on the other side Frontierland next to Aunt Jemima's. That location eventually became the Silver Banjo Barbeque restaurant. I have only seen one other in a friends collection. By the way, the family ate at Rancho Del Zocala last time I was at Disneyland and have to say the food has improved from when the restaurant first opened.

10 comments:

thepicklebarrel said...

please return that to my house, you crook!

Major Pepperidge said...

WOW!! You don't see much Frito Kid merchandise, and this mug is unbelievable. Lucky!

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of grade school lunches - opening the big Disney yellow school bus lunch box and finding a tiny package of
Fritos- "As Served in DISNEYLAND!"

Todd Franklin said...

That sure is great! I've never seen one before. Nice find!

Tinker Bell said...

I wish I knew why I found that Frito Kid so intriguing. lol
Awesome mug! But being that I missed the 50s and 60s, was there ever a Klondike character made to go with the Frito Kid? Did he have an image, or was he just a voice?

Matterhorn1959 said...

Tinker- I believe Klondike was always just a voice and never seen. I do not recall seeing any Frito Kid stuff with Klondike on it. I know at the park there was no figural Klondike, just his voice echoing from the mine.

Waffle Whiffer [Brandon] said...

Cool Frito mug!

I just did a post on my blog about the Frito Kid.

Anonymous said...

@Sorceror Mickey:

Wow, I just remembered that about the frito chips...the bag used to have a little logo of the Sleeping Beauty Castle on it...

I could have used that brain cell for something else, like running a hedge fund.

thanks for that memory back.

mmw said...

I have one of these cups handed down. How much would one go for on eBay these days?

Anonymous said...

I have one like this, but it does not have Disneyland on the other side. Can anyone tell me anything about that?