The earliest manufacturer of Ceramic souvenirs for Disneyland was a little company located in Monterey California, Eleanor Welborn Art Productions. Started in her garage like so many California ceramic companies of the time period, Welborn in 1955 secured the license to produce souvenir ceramic plates, tea cups, salt and pepper shakers, ashtrays and other souvenirs for the new Disneyland park. Not only are the items with the Welborn mark definitely from the first couple of years of Disneyland's operation, the souvenirs also used the imagineering pre opening artwork for the transfer and graphics. This plate has the Welborn mark on the back, some also have a stamp for ASI (American Souvenir Incorporated) which seems to have been created just to supply souvenirs to Disneyland. Within a couple of years, Walt Disney was able to bring the merchandising into the company and under his control. And when that happened, Welborn lost the license.
The next overhead map in the series is this one showing Disneyland in relationship to the still sleepy Orange Grove town of Anaheim. Not much is around the park and the city of Anaheim is east of the Santa Ana Freeway. Caption for the photo reads: Relationship of DISNEYLAND to Anaheim and the general surrounding area. Photo is dated November 17, 1954.