Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Two Exhibits Movieland Wax Museum Buena Park

Taking a detour north on the 5 freeway to Buena Park to the Movieland Wax Museum. Opened in 1962 and sold to Six Flags in 1970, the attraction closed in 2005 with a giant auction of the wax figures and sets. The first image for today features Bela Lugosi and Helen Chandler in a scene from Dracula. The set design is really interesting and gives the tableaux a creepy setting.

The second image is not really from a movie, but from a famous historical scene. The picture shows John F. Kennedy and his PT 109 during World War 2. I like the wet effect seen in this diorama.

4 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

I sure loved going to Movieland Wax Museum when I was a kid! Not so sure I would like it much now (if it was still around).

Anonymous said...

The scene actually was from the movie "PT-109" starring Cliff Robertson as John Kennedy.

MRaymond said...

My GF and I went in 1993. We had a good time. I have pictures somewhere.

JG said...

I remember that PT109 tableau.

JG