Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Santa's Village Structures

Two more black and white snapshots from Santa's Village. First up is what I believe is the Toy shop with a lovely toy soldier sentry on a drum out front, a water wheel and a small bridge over the stream. I love the angry looking steam vent on the side of the roof.

The second image is of the small castle gate over a water feature. The castle acted as a gate to the rest of the park. Many years ago when I was a small boy, I fell into one of the ponds and had to wear wet jeans for the rest of the visit. Luckily it was a warm day.

3 comments:

MRaymond said...

I have vague memories of Santa's Village and I remember having fun. We went one time during the winter and the place had real snow. It was awesome.
That night, it snowed again and closed the road for a few weeks.

K. Martinez said...

I love your story about falling into the pond and having to wear wet jeans all day. It's just the sort of thing that happens when you're a kid.

Anonymous said...

There was news in May of this year that someone has bought Santa's Village and has "big plans" to refurbish and reopen it in 2015.