Tuesday, September 28, 2010

May 1957 Visit to Disneyland- Part One

Once upon a time in May 1957 on a very sunny day, a family took a little trip to Disneyland. First stop was Main Street Station.

A quick ride on the Horse Drawn Fire Wagon. Notice that the storefront for the Wizard of Bras shop is now blank.

A long view down Main Street back towards the entrance.

The Horse Drawn Trolley making the turn at the hub in front of the castle. Shot is a little blurry to show the action and movement of this ride.

I have a request for my readers- anyone out there have an early 1970's Walt Disney World Cup or an image of the cup? A friend of mine needs it for a project he is working on. Thanks.

3 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

These are beauties, I especially love shots #2 & 3. The quality of the sunlight is interesting, with that blue sky, it almost doesn't look real (though I know it is!).

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Ditto what Major said. Are these slides or prints?

I might have an "early 1970's Walt Disney World Cup" I'll check at home later. Reminds me of Monty Hall "I'll give you $5 for every bobby pin in your purse"

Awesome pics, can't wait to see more - thanks!

Matterhorn1959 said...

These are slides...quite nice ones. Please let me know on the cup.