Thursday, September 30, 2010

May 1957 Visit to Disneyland Part 2

The family continued up Main Street and visited Fantasyland. First up was a ride on the Skyway. An absolutely postcard worthy shot of the Fantasyland Skyway station. I love the forest green Skyway bucket.

A photograph from the start of the Skyway ride.

A later in the day shot of Sleeping Beauty Castle. I love the group of guys in suits standing at the Hub.

A nice view of the Omnibus stopped at the Hub. I wonder if the Omnibus Stops Here sign still exists.

5 comments:

Thufer said...

Gosh, I so miss the days when people dressed UP for a day in the park. Magical pictures. Thank you for posting.

Connie Moreno said...

These are stunning! Beautiful!!! The sky in the last photo matches our sky today! I could not keep from smiling look at these photos. My dad ALWAYS wore a suit to Disneyland. You made my day.

Major Pepperidge said...

These are so great, there's just something about Disneyland circa 1957. If I could hop into a time machine and go back, that might be the year I'd choose.

Love the little girl caught in "mid skip" in that third photo - she's happy to be there!

Steve Tanner at Magical Trash said...

That's a great Skyway shot!

SundayNight said...

What a beautiful Fantasyland shot. I love seeing the skyway traveling over Snow Mountain. You even get a glimpse of the TWA rocket. Excellent!