Thursday, October 09, 2008

Scenes from a Cruise Down the Jungle

I have not visited photographically the World Famous Jungle Cruise in a while. Here are three nice shots, the first two are from the same trip. I have always enjoyed the Marc Davis staging of the lost safari and am happy to see that the scene still provides laughter to the Jungle Cruisers.

The second image is of the first incarnation of the African Veldt with the Lions not being in their den. I also like the Vultures in the tree, they add a slightly sinister aspect to the view.

From a different trip and different photographer is this nice view of the Monkey god in his house. I like the water with the bubble effect in the foreground.

3 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

The monkey god is my favorite! Do you think the bubble effect is from one of the crocodiles? You can just see a submerged one to the left - - I think!

outsidetheberm said...

The 'Lost Safari' gag has become absolutely timeless. Can anyone imagine the cruise without it?

It's not mentioned often enough, but thank you for all the great posts!

Anonymous said...

As for the bubble effect, that would be my guess based upon memory as a JC skipper.