Sunday, October 12, 2008

Pretty Images of Disneyland on A Sunday

Since the weather here in Denver is gray, wet and cold, I thought I would post some photographs of Disneyland with great blue sky and what I would call pretty shots. They show classic scenes of Disneyland in 1956, filling me with joy and happiness. This is one of the main reasons to collect and post these images, to spark nostalgia and incite joy. I know that if I was alive in the 1950s and my neighbor showing the latest slides from his trip projected these images, I would be on the phone the next day calling my travel agent to purchase a trip to Disneyland.

4 comments:

outsidetheberm said...

Just beautiful. The next best thing to a time machine.

Major Pepperidge said...

These are awesome, it must be winter. Those clear blue skies and bright California sun (and maybe a nice cool snap to the air)... makes me wish I was at the park with those lucky people.

Anonymous said...

Wonder what those metal holders were for that are next to the benches. To attach ropes when there was a parade? Now there a serious photographer – the guy with the tripod.

Love the keel boat. Everyone wants to ride on top.

I wonder if they straightened the little garden wire borders every night in Tomorrowland? Bet they looked pretty bad after a crowded day. Don’t you love those aluminum light/attraction poster stands?

Those gentlemen with the hats really make Main Street look like…Main street!

Daveland said...

The guys with the hats in front of Carnation are fantastic. So great to see people dressed up at the park.