Monday, October 27, 2008

Merlin's Magic Shop

One of two magic shops at Disneyland, this was Merlin's own shop in Fantasyland. The other shop of course was the Main Street Magic Shop. Also, I cannot forget the Magic Shop at the Disneyland Hotel. Run by the magic apparatus company Taylor and Hume and stocked with everything a budding young magician could want such as fake vomit, trick cards and disappearing coins. A young magician worked here who would later become a fantastic comedian and movie star. If I could only find the shirt (black and white diamonds) he wore when he toiled in the shop!

3 comments:

The Viewliner Limited said...

The magic shop was one of a few really great hide-aways for me at Disneyland. It definitely felt like a different world. Wonderful pic. When I see him, I'll say to Steve for you.

Major Pepperidge said...

My coins disappeared all over Disneyland, not just in this store!

K and J said...

gosh I cannot believe that all the stores at Disney now sell the exact same Disney branded junk -- no unique products -- do you remember the rabbit furs in Frontierland?