Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Tomorrowland Flags for a Happy Fourth of July

Back in the late 1950s and early 1960s this was the view that guests saw when looking into Tomorrowland. It was very colorful and filled with activity. I wonder if the Disneyland band performed a flag raising and lowering ceremony at this flag or just the Main Street square flag pole? This Tomorrowland is my favorite period with a sense of optimism for the future and that industry was going to take us to the future. Have a Happy and safe Fourth of July.

5 comments:

Dan Goodsell said...

I always find myself surprised by the nice old tomorrowland images. I think since as a child I went to the redesigned Tomorrowland of the late 60's, I never got to experience that early one. So I always treasure any image of the Clock of the World or TWA rocket.

Major Pepperidge said...

I agree with Dan, the Tomorrowland of the 1950's and early 60's was the coolest. It's where I would go if I had to choose one Disneyland time-machine destination!

Daveland said...

For the most part, I just avoid Tomorrowland; the "old" one was much cooler, with Circarama, Adventure Through Innerspace, etc. Great shot!

Anonymous said...

Sadly,other than Space Mountain,there is nothing of interest in today's "Tomorrowland".In talking with a cast member last summer,I was informed that rumor has it Tomorrowland is going to be restored to it's 1967 look,(Peoplemover included),due to the less than favorable response to the "new" look.

Anonymous said...

What happen we just got today picture. I do like it