Friday, July 07, 2006

Souvenir Friday- My Hat Fetish

Just more proof that I have a Disneyland hat fetish. I think I collect the hats because not that many other people collect them and I can find them fairly easily and cheapily and I really like the variety. Plus they fit in with the T-shirts and vintage clothing from Disneyland I also collect. These two examples may not look that exciting, but are definitely unusual. The straw sun bonnet is unusual in all that defines it as a Disneyland hat is the nice hand embroidered script Disneyland. The other hat looks common, but it is a very early version of this hat with just the Disneyland logo. Most of the later versions have the characters around the hat. Here are some views of each hat:

Now if I could only find the Art Corner Beret that is for sale in one of the Art Corner catalogues....

6 comments:

Daveland said...

Hey Patrick - Glad you have a sense of humor! Love the hats; would be even better if paired them up with a retro photo of someone wearing them! Should I pick up a Pirates Mouse Ears Hat while I'm at the park this weekend?

Matterhorn1959 said...

Dave-Thanks for the offer but I am not a fan of mouse ears (and do not really collect modern stuff from the park...only things that catch my eye.) I do have some images of people wearing similar hats.

Major Pepperidge said...

The straw hat is really neat, I've seen countless photos of women wearing them (even in vintage postcards), but this is the first one I've seen "up close". They must have sold zillions of them, but I suppose they are somewhat fragile.

Anonymous said...

i'd like to see a picture of YOU wearing them. Now that would make my day.

Anonymous said...

Of course he has a sense of humor!

Anonymous said...

Of all the things in the world you choose to take pictures of straws hats. A for effort, F for creativity. LA