Saturday, July 22, 2006

Monstro the Whale at Storybook Land

Back from California and found this slide in my collection of goodies stored at my parent's house. I love the look of Monstro at this time, the two boys posing and then the cool guys checking out the cute girl operating the Canal boat. I do not find very many photos of Monstro, especially showing this much. The rock work for Skull Lagoon is very visible dating the slide to the early 1960s.

While at the show I purchased another grouping of slides that includes pre-opening shots of Main Street and the opening day parade. I promise to put them up. It was great to see some of you at the show, Amazon Belle is one great guy. And I hope those I told about the site are now joining in the fun.

5 comments:

Daveland said...

Welcome back! I have missed your posts. Great shot of Monstro—and of course, the trashcan. NOBODY has trashcans as cool as Disneyland.

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you are back but I still miss you lm

Anonymous said...

Hello matterhorn!! I like your haircut! The last time I saw you it was short! I miss you both (you and joyce). Cool picture of Monstro. I didn't know that was his name. See Ya!!!!!! Love AJ

Matterhorn1959 said...

AJ- next time you ride the Storybook Canal boats, listen to the narration. Monstro sneezed so hard, he blew his tail off...

Amazon Belle said...

matterhorn, thanks for the shout out! It was a pleasure meeting you and seeing your amazing collection of Disney paper! My niece thought your collection was amazing too. I hope our extended conversation didn't loose you any sells. Talk with you soon.

I also owe you some money since the burning cabin settler was indeed hunched over a bench and located on your blog site. See my comment on Major Pepperidge's site.