Thursday, July 24, 2014

Ocean Sky Ride at Pacific Ocean Park at Dusk

Last two POP images are of the bubble shaped Ocean Sky Ride. The photographs were taken at dusk and are slightly dark, but the views are very cool. First up is a view from the start of the ride looking out towards the end of the pier with the Jungle huts of the Banana Train Ride in the background.

The next image is a view from inside the ride with the pier and Santa Monica in the background.

Based upon reader's comments, here are both images reversed.

4 comments:

MRaymond said...

I called my dad on POP because we lived in SoCal but I have no memory of it. My dad said we visited POP a few times but I was still very little. We went to Santa Monica when I was older but it was already gone. Dad said it was a great place. Thank you for the pictures.

Unknown said...

I'm not 100% positive, but I'm pretty sure these pics should be flipped horizontally.

Major Pepperidge said...

I love the bubble-shape sky ride vehicles. I'm sure that this would have been one of my favorite rides!

Nanook said...

'Unknown' is correct - both images are flopped. But that takes little away from seeing more and more images from POP.