Wednesday, July 09, 2014

More Nature's Wonderland Under Construction April 1960

First off let me note that I was off in my orientation yesterday. The images are from the load area for the pack mules, the load area for the Mine Train are in the background (thanks to reader MRaymond.)

Now to today's images, both feature the little mining town of Rainbow Ridge. First up is a distant view with the band stand for the Gonzalez Trio in the foreground. I am not sure what the two structures to the left are but they look like merchandise stands.

The next image is a close up of the mining town with painters and carpenters. The town looks almost completed and ready for action.

2 comments:

K. Martinez said...

I love this construction series, like the Space Mountain one you did earlier. I look forward to more, if you have them to share. A great childhood memory, that seems to be fading as time marches on. Thanks!

Major Pepperidge said...

I assume that those structures are what would be the "Zocalo" marketplace. Love this series of construction pictures!