Monday, July 07, 2014

Nature's Wonderland Trestles Under Construction April 1960

During the long weekend I spent time with the many boxes that hold my collection. In doing so, I ran across a series of contact prints showing the construction of Nature's Wonderland that I had never scanned and posted. First up is a nice view of the long trestle over the river in Bear Country heading towards Cascade Peak. Note the construction truck parked in the river bed.

Next up is a short trestle over one of the many rivers and in the background is the natural stone arch. On top of the arch ran the trail for the Pack Mules.

3 comments:

K. Martinez said...

WOW!!! These are awesome! I love the shot of Cascade Peak with the concrete/clay lined Bear Country shoreline. So much to study in both of these images. Thanks!

Major Pepperidge said...

These are amazing! The trestle is probably my favorite part of NW.

Nick in Los Osos said...

Thank you for sharing these construction photos. What a treat. Wish there was room for NatWndrland in today's Disneyland!!