Thursday, January 17, 2013

Unknown Amusement Park 1960s

From the same family that visited Yorktown and Colonial Williamsburg, a visit to an unknown amusement park. The park was most likely in Virginia but I am not sure. It looks like a small but fun park. First up is an image of the carrousel with some nice carved horses. The boys sure look like they are having a good time.

Next up is a rocket from one of the swing rides all nice and shiny.

A view of the small Ferris wheel in action. I always like the open Ferris wheels more than the large enclosed rides.

Last image is my favorite of the roller coaster with the entrance shining in neon in the background. The eagles look very nice. The coaster looks like it was a small ride, but still every one is having fun.

5 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

I don't know why, but I love photos of "mystery parks". I have a few that I am going to be posting in a few weeks.

These are great, I hope somebody recognizes this place and chimes in!

jmerritt said...

I don't know for sure, but it would be likely that this is Ocean View Park in Norfolk, VA.

Anonymous said...

How about Buckroe Beach Amusement Park in Hampton, VA.

http://www.dailypress.com/news/hampton/dp-oldbuckroe-pg,0,6721594.photogallery

Anonymous said...

Forgot to add...Picture #20 looks very much like the ferris wheel shot.

Lance Ingram said...

Buckroe Beach Va for sure! My family had a house there.