Saturday, January 12, 2013

Souvenir Friday and Autopia Fun

I missed yesterday's posting of Souvenir Friday, so here is a rare postcard from the Streets of Paris in the Tomorrowland Art Corner. Disneyland themed the store to a Paris street scene and published a series of postcards with the animated characters superimposed on various French scenes.

Today's post is a nice set of two images of the Autopia from January 1957. At this time there was no center guide rail and each car had a true wraparound bumper to reduce damage to the vehicles.

3 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

I never knew that those French cards were sold at the Art Corner! The few I have seen for sale have been way too pricey for me.

K. Martinez said...

No overhead monorail beams or PeopleMover track yet and hardly no trees. I love old Autopia images.

Todd said...

I have never seen one of the French cards in person...I have to believe they were on sale for a super short amount of time. I don't have any of them.