Friday, November 16, 2012

Souvenir Friday- Donald Duck Disneyland Card Game

Although not very park specific, this card game published by Whitman in 1955 does have some nice tie ins to Disneyland. First up is the colorful box with Donald Duck in a Frontierland Davey Crockett outfit and Sleeping Beauty Castle in the background.

The front of the cards feature book style illustrations for the characters. There are some unusual characters chosen such as Flower, Thumper and Dumbo. The cards feature 4 of the Donald Duck cards and 4 sets of these character cards.

My favorite part of the cards is the back with this early and nice graphic of the characters looking at the park from a hot air balloon. The attractions are completely smooshed together.

2 comments:

K. Martinez said...

I love the Donald Duck Davy Crockett box. Really cool!

olddisneylandfan said...

I think this game had several iterations, but I'm not at home and can't check my collection. Anyone else remember?