Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Pigmania Part 1

I do not usually purchase photographs from the 1980s, but this collection which I will be posting for several days (weeks) has too many interesting photographs of events and State Fair. The starting set is of Pigmania which was pig races held at Big Thunder Ranch during State Fair in 1988. The musical act was Billy Hill and the Hillbillies. The pig races were held in a tent and the crowd was divided into fourths to cheer for their pig to win the race. Of course, Billy Hill and his wild band warmed the crowd up with their antics and music.

In the spirit of the Olympics, here are the Three Little Pigs as torch bearers.

1 comment:

K. Martinez said...

I remember this. I'm usually not much of a fan of the late 80s at Disneyland, but these images are really super cool! I'm definitely interested in seeing more. I love it.