Saturday, October 22, 2011

Knott's Berry Farm 1968 Part 3

Three more nice photographs of Knott's Berry Farm ghost town in 1968. I believe these pictures were taken early in the morning. First up is a view of boot hill cemetery. The grave is for a likely grizzled old prospector and his mule.

Next up is a view of the windmill and water pump. I like the advertising for Bird Cage theater on the structure.

The last image is one of my favorites. I love the framing of the street with the old bicycle as the foreground object.


Connie Moreno said...

Nice set! My favorite is the last one. Good enough to frame, me thinks! I think that barn is now a store. Phooey.

Major Pepperidge said...

More nice Knott's pics. Never seen that grave for the burro before. Also like the use of bottles for that grave. "Sappho", interesting name for a burro!!