Thursday, May 19, 2011

Unknown County Fair

Summer is coming and that means time for county fairs. Most fairs feature rides in the fun zone. Now days many of the rides are interactive, virtual reality or just kids rides. In the 1950s and 1960s many of the rides were fantastic mechanical rides. First up is an image of a double Ferris wheel.

Next up is a nice traveling carrousel with some great horses.

The final two are of the Round Up. This is one ride I can not ride...going around in circles is not fun for me. I do love to watch the ride though.

Check out the painting on the fun house in the background.

4 comments:

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

I'm getting dizzy and nauseous just looking at the spinning-tilting thing, how in the world can that be fun - yet its looks full of "happy"? riders!

Major Pepperidge said...

These are wonderful, I really love photos like this.

SundayNight said...

Now That’s a REAL county fair. I think the ride is a Tilt-A-Whirl and I once rode one at Knott’s in the Roaring 20s section.

SundayNight said...

Wonder what that weird boat thing is off to the left?