Sunday, February 21, 2010

Santa's Village 1960 in Black and White

Since it is snowing here, I felt that it was a good day to post these three snapshots of Santa's Village from 1960. First up is a nice parking lot shot...don't we all love parking lots! Check out the vintage cars being driven into the lot.

Next up are shots of Mom and Dad in front of a scenic building. I absolutely love the mushrooms and when the auction was held of the park after it closed, I hoped for one. However, it seems everyone else wanted one.

7 comments:

Katella Gate said...

Do you remember the price the got for the mushrooms? I think we all have fond memories of them.

BTW, where are you? It's only snowing in the mid west around N. Missouri. I've gotten it in my head that everybody but me is in CA.

210Frwy said...

Wow, what a busy day at SV! The lot is packed. There appears to be just a little hit of snow on the ground which would have made it more fun for all the city kids.

Matterhorn1959 said...

Hey Katella Gate- I am in the Mile High City of Denver, Colorado.

If I remember correctly, the mushrooms were going for $500 to $1000 a piece.

Katella Gate said...

Matterhorn: I almost moved to Denver in the late 80s. I was staying with "friends" on Josephine street behind the capital while I looked for a job. It that had gone well, I'd be in Colorado instead of Chattanooga.

BTW, are you an SoCal expatriate? Is that Stanta's Village shot the Big Bear village or one of the others?

Matterhorn1959 said...

Hey Katella Gate- Yes I am a Southern California expatriate. The images are from the Santa's Village in Skyforest located by Big Bear Village.

Connie Moreno said...

Wow! Now that brought up some long buried mememories! The last time I went to Santa's Village was at the age of 15, back when dinosaurs roamed the Earth!

Andrew said...

I have to say that this Santa's Village park had a much more "Alpine" look than the Illinois one. It is nice to see this park!