Saturday, July 12, 2008

Fantasyland September 28, 1962

A rather empty Saturday morning shot of Fantasyland with the Matterhorn in the background dated September 28, 1962. According to the day in history for Disney, this was the day of the 3rd Annual Dixieland and Disneyland so everyone must be sleeping in for tonight's festivities. I can only count 5 people in the photograph!

Just a note that the blogging may be sporadic as I make my way to California for the National Fantasy Fan Club and Disneyland birthday. I do have some nice surprises up my sleeves for those times I can post!

4 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

Jeez, where is everybody??

Katella Gate said...

The landscaping is minimal, the pavement is just painted asphalt slurry, the Dumbo fence combines cheap carpentry with the schoolyard mystique of cyclone fencing. And yet I think there is more joy in these early photos than in the later, over-produced improvements that were grafted onto the park. I honestly think Disneyland is being tinkered to death.

Tony said...

Imagine the park that empty?

Jason Schultz said...

There were 4,728 visitors this day.