Thursday, July 26, 2007

Moose on the Rivers of America 1958

A black and white panoramic shot of the moose who used to be on the Rivers of America. Before all the additions of the Nature's Wonderland Railroad, the passengers on the Mark Twain and Columbia would see static figures in the water to add a scenic element. This element is of a mother moose and her calf. At quick glance this does not appear to be at Disneyland but maybe in the wild. However written on the reverse is Disney Land, Calif.

3 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

Mooky Moose! I don't think I've noticed the calf before, was it always there (when the moose was), or was it removed? I'll have to check my own moose pics.

Adam Hazlett said...

I love them mooses!...mieces?...moosi!?!

Thanks for posting, Great Shot!

pixiegirltink said...

I just snapped a picture of a moose (I'm guessing it's the same one) last week. She stands near the Mike Fink Keelboat, the "Gullywhumper" near the bank of the River. It's always nice to stop and look at the details.