Thursday, January 12, 2006

View of Tomorrowland Fantasyland Monorail Track 1970


I know the title sounds like a jumble, but how else to describe this image. Taken from the monorail station, the view is back towards Fantasyland with the Submarine Voyage underneath, the Fantasyland Autopia (with the older Autopia cars, not the sleek modern cars seen in the Tomorrowland Autopia) with the Atlantic Richfield Eagle tower, a peak of the Motorboat cruise and in the distance is Its A Small World. Off to the left hand side can be seen the Swiss Chalet for the Matterhorn. Great action and interest in this picture, I love the red and white striped canopy for the line for the Fantasyland Autopia. Slide is a kodachrome slide with a date stamped holder of April 1970.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, I really miss Disneyland sometimes.

And by that I mean pre 1993 Disneyland.

*sigh*

Anonymous said...

"You know, I really miss Disneyland sometimes.

And by that I mean pre 1993 Disneyland.

*sigh*"

That was posted by me, Jeff. I don't understand why it says "anonymous"

Anonymous said...

The only thing that seems odd about that photo...no peoplemover cars on the section of track shown...and those things almost never stopped...alomost looks like the peoplemover today in this shot ;-)