Sunday, January 08, 2006

Tahitian Terrace Dancers Dinner Show August 1973


Rare action view of the Royal Tahitian dancers at the long gone and now highly nostalgic dinner and dance show restaurant the Tahitian Terrace in Adventureland. I do like the red effect from the lights during the fire dance seen on this slide and the frenetic motion. Unfortunately, I do not think I ever had a meal there. My family was much more interested in eating at the old Casa De Fritos (later turned into Casa Mexicana) for a big lunch and then some Kentucky Fried Chicken on the way home. I hope this brings back some memories for you, or at least lets you know some of the entertainment at this restaurant. Slide is a kodachrome slide with an Aug 73 date stamp.

4 comments:

Chris Merritt said...

Amazing photos PJ!

This really is my new favorite Blog....

So sorry I've not gotten the slides & Anderson acetates cd back to you - it's been super crazy/busy/contaminated with the flu...

I know - excuses, excuses....

You may enjoy this Blog:
http://www.dannysland.blogspot.com/

and Dave Doherty just started this (albiet slow so far) forum:
http://www.rippop.com/phpBB2/

Matterhorn1959 said...

Thanks for the feedback Chris. I hope all is well with you and the family- the flu is not a fun thing to have.

Anonymous said...

Soooo coooool!

Connie Moreno said...

Man, how I wish I had experienced this place!