Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Two Views of the Disneyland Hotel

<

Two wonderful images of the long gone parts of the Disneyland Hotel. The first is a great image looking over the shopping arcade and Monorail station with the old parking lot and Disneyland in the background. I have fond memories of going to the stores here so I would not have to pay Disneyland admission to purchase ceramics and pins. And before that, of heading over the Neon Cactus and Sgt. Prestons Saloon for a mid afternoon drink. And before that of going to the arcade that was under the pool. The second shot is of the garden rooms. I love the pink color, so very much Miami like, especially with grandmother standing out front. Both images are from Kodachrome slides both dated August 1973.

1 comment:

Connie Moreno said...

These are great! I clicked on each photo to enlarge but each time got a message saying that this site didn't exist. HUH? Weird. I am loving going through your old posts.