Friday, October 31, 2014

Souvenir Friday- Nightmare Before Christmas

Back in 1993, I had been collecting Disney items pretty seriously for 5 years and was also a fan of Tim Burton and his films. I was beyond excited about his new film, The Nightmare Before Christmas. A fan of stop motion animation, Halloween, and Christmas, the movie was right up my alley. Hasbro made a nice collection of items and I purchased several of the large character toys. The three I own and are still mint in box are Jack, Sally and Santa. I never did find the large Oogie for sale.

Although I did not purchase the small figures when originally released, I have found about half of the characters on their cards.

The back of the card lists all ten figures that were sold. I am missing Behemoth, Lock, Shock and Barrel, The Mayor, Santa and Oogie Boogie. I do have an extra Jack as Santa.

The Disney store sold some fun items including two straws with Jack and Sally as well as a bendable Jack.

Of course this is only part of the collection I own. The film has continued to charm audiences of all generations. In fact, one of my nieces loves Nightmare and also the collection. I hope everyone has a safe and fun Halloween!

1 comment:

K. Martinez said...

Happy Halloween to you too, Matterhorn1959!