Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Tomorrowland of Yesterday

Tomorrowland was an interesting place circa 1961. First a caveat, these slides were not just red, but they were actually pink, so the colors are slightly off. However, the photographer had a great eye. First up is the George Washington submarine voyaging through the lagoon. I never tire of seeing gray subs.

Next up is a nice image of the Flying Saucers with loads of guests having fun on the ride.

The last image shows some 1950's Tomorrowland mixed with 1960's Tomorrowland, with the Time Clock of the World in the middle and America the Beautiful and Monsanto attraction in the background.

4 comments:

Thufer said...

the Geo. Washington looking fine in her 'gray' this beautiful day.

Major Pepperidge said...

You did a good job with these, sometimes those really magenta slides are hard to do anything with. And I always love shots of the Saucers and the Clock of the World.

Anonymous said...

I keep looking and hoping that one day I will find a photo of me riding the Saucers.

Connie Moreno said...

OMG, I was going to write what Anonymous said!!