Friday, November 04, 2011

Souvenir Friday- Main Street Trolly Advertising Drawing and Popcorn Wagon

Due to a day of travel, I did not post yesterday. So here is my Thursday image, an oversize (20 by 16 inches) art photograph of one of the Main Street Popcorn Wagons, taken by a talented amateur to be displayed at his local camera club display.

The souvenir piece is the final drawing that I own for the Horse Drawn Trolley Advertising. For the Purex company of cleaners featuring their Old Dutch brand of cleanser. The design features cans of the product with the Dutch Girl chasing dirt away. The cleanser is similar to Comet and is still being produced to this day. I do not remember Purex being a sponsor at the park....so this may have been created to sway them or even just as a way to put some turn of the century realism to the ads. Purex had just purchased the rights to this cleaning product in April of 1955.

2 comments:

Thufer said...

I can taste the salt.

Major Pepperidge said...

I love the artwork for the trolley. And that popcorn vendor photo is great too!