Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Some Freedomland Ephemera

Freedomland was short lived, but did create some ephemeral items that are interesting. These items came with the Freedomland publicity photographs I have been posting. First up is a photograph of a display promoting Freedomland. I believe this was up in a bus station somewhere in New York City.

(Note the image is large so you can see the photos in the display...and I really want that poster.)
Next up is a ticket order form. In 1962, Freedomland went to a ticket book less system with a pay one price system, similar to Pacific Ocean Park in Santa Monica. At this time, Freedomland was on shaky financial standing.

Final item is a copy of the Freedomland Day Proclamation from the Mayor of New York City. On June 19, I hope you will celebrate Freedomland Day!

5 comments:

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Whereas; this is an excellent post,

Whereas; I never knew they dropped those "bothersome" ticket books! $3.93 at the gate, that's an odd number, New York taxes taking its toll I suppose.

Whereas; That Proclamation rocks, were in the heck did you get that?

Now therefore, I declare "More Freedomland" posts please!

THANKS!!!!

Major Pepperidge said...

Yes, more Freedomland... except for slides and two guidebooks, I've hardly seen anything!

Katella Gate said...

Hmmm... that artwork showing off the attractions just below the text "More than 200.." is deep in the infringement zone.

Its like somebody threw down some Disney gate pieces and told some poor paid-by-the-hour guy to "do this... but make it different... but not too different"

outsidetheberm said...

The window display is a real treat. Thanks for the look!

jedblau said...

Great post! I think I now have an idea of how to restart the ol' blog....