Friday, May 02, 2008

Souvenir Friday- Disneyland Almanac 1966

This is a really neat souvenir piece that was given to Disneyland employees in 1966. More of a date book than an almanac, it does show some of the operating hours and the Mondays and Tuesdays that Disneyland were closed in 1966. Distributed through the date book is information on the new attractions, upcoming attractions and the movies to be released by WDP in 1966. I like the address part with Disneyland's address and phone numbers already filled in. The final two pages include important information about Disneyland. I thought Jason at Disneyland Nomenclature would like this post.

7 comments:

The Viewliner Limited said...

What a wonderful piece of Disneyland history. Great post

Major Pepperidge said...

Wowee, I have NEVER even heard of something like this. Awesome!

Jason Schultz said...

Great information. Thanks!

Thufer said...

oh my! what a wonderful thing to own. i would love having that in my collection. what a find.

Anonymous said...

Great post! I'm a long time lurker. I noticed that the link for http://www.matterhorn1959.com/blog1/1966af.jpg appears to be broken?

Eric

Matterhorn1959 said...

Thanks anonymous, I have corrected the link.

Anonymous said...

Very nice! I love the thought that went into the book. One of the aspects that makes Disney different than other companies is an effort to assume the role of visitor/user and design something that is actually useful and not just another marketing piece!
-Bob