Friday, December 14, 2007

Souvenir Friday- Wacky Saying Plaque from the Art Corner

I have a small collection of these wacky saying plaques from the Art Corner at Disneyland. These were all sold at the Tomorrowland store and feature various characters and sayings. During the 1950s these types of plaques were very popular showing up as signs, postcards and even gum cards. The material is a nice particle board with the design silk screened on the front. On the reverse is the mailing label with the great Mickey Mouse in his artist outfit. A while ago I posted the original art to one of the designs.

2 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

I love the fact that this was specific to the Art Corner...you don't see stuff like this anymore.

Matterhorn, don't you have one of these along with the original artwork?

Major Pepperidge said...

D'OH, I should read your complete post before I ask dumb questions!