Saturday, December 22, 2007

The Matterhorn From the Inside

Today's post was an exciting find in the collection of circa 1970s's slides. The first shows the view of the Matterhorn and Eastern Fantasyland.

Then I saw this slide and yelled. The interior of the lift hill in the Matterhorn. Off to the left can be seen another single sled.

Finally another slide I have included because it is a cool double exposure. The red monorail coming into station and also the dock area for the submarines. Don't stare at it too long as it may make you dizzy, you will fall and injure your head.

9 comments:

Jason Schultz said...

Neat shot of the Matterhorn lift! I never got to experience the pre-1978 version...

The Viewliner Limited said...

Beautiful picture of the Matterhorn and Fantasyland. Why is that single bobsled positioned so high above the trak? Just an illusion? Double exposure...still a great pic. Anything monorail you know. Thanks Matterhorn.

Chris Merritt said...

"Then I saw this slide and yelled...."

Sadly, I can relate.

Anonymous said...

Is that top slide flopped?

Anonymous said...

That's my vote too.

Major Pepperidge said...

Well, I had to go and look for too long, and I injured my head!

Matterhorn1959 said...

Anonymous- flipped the slide and you are right, it was initially posted flopped (or flipped or even flip flopped.)
Thanks.

Unknown said...

Great shots!

Thanks for sharing them.

Anonymous said...

That looks better. Now you have the Grand Hotel in the background.

From Anonymous #2