Friday, December 28, 2007

Souvenir Friday- Town Square Cafe Menu

Although fairly modern this menu is one I treasure. The Town Square Cafe was the succesor to the Hills Brothers Coffe House and American Egg House on Main Street. This menu is from 1987, not that long ago when Disneyland had more full service restaurants and was more of a dining experience than it is now. The menu has a nice history and philosophy statement for Main Street as well as a diverse selection of food which could be ordered. I think I want the Ortega Cheese Burger with Hot Chocolate topped with whipped cream and a Cinema Sundae. What would you like to order?

6 comments:

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Since its breakfast right now, I’ll take the Omelet Delight! Then I’m coming back around 2 for the Club Sandwich! Do they use this space for anything now? You’d think if $$$ could be made with a nice food service there, they’d do it! Thanks for this neat menu!

Major Pepperidge said...

A steak sandwich and apple pie!

Anonymous said...

I'll take an apple pie and a 100% Columbian coffee!

I'm glad I'm not going crazy remembering there being more full service eateries *inside* the park. I once pointed, in the first year I had an annual pass which wasn't that long ago, to the Golden Horseshoe and told a friend I'd never eaten there. And he was all, "Well, let's go in now." And I though he had some kind of hookup, but no, it was just chicken strips. :)

Anonymous said...

Those 1987 prices look rather stiff to me. Then again, when I worked at Hill's, the highest price sandwich was $.95!!!

I just checked the inflation calculator to find today's (2006) price would be $5.05.

walterworld said...

Nice post Sir!

Sure wish that place was still open. Main Street has so much atmosphere around there...it would be fun to dine and take it all in...

Anonymous said...

Sure would be dice if you could get sitdown restaurants at that price