Tuesday, June 19, 2007

North Pole Colorado Christmas In June

With the hot weather (almost 100 degrees here on Sunday) I thought I would cool off with two 1960 dated images of Colorado's Santa Claus themed land: The North Pole. Located on the slopes of Pikes Peak this park is still in existance and remains remarkably intact. Some of the rides seen in other Santa's Villages are still operating like the Christmas Tree ride, the frozen North Pole, and of course a visit to Santa.

I promise to return to Disneyland soon.

5 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

Personally I'm lovin' the non-Disneyland slides! I never thought it would happen, but I think I have a case of "Disneyland overload"!!

This is cool because I think I have some images from this park, only I assumed they must be from Santa's Village (but they didn't "feel" like SV). Maybe I'll put some of those up soon and you can tell me if you think they are from the North Pole! Thanks Matterhorn.

Adam Hazlett said...

I love the Christmas stuff!
Vegas hit 116° today!
We need a little Christmas, right this very minute!

walterworld said...

Excellent posts - Santa's Village and Knott's images are ALWAYS most welcome. Where do you find this stuff?

Good job gathering, preparing and posting...Only one request: MORE!

Jeffrey Pepper said...

Wow, I was at this place, I'm guessing sometime around summer of 1966. Somewhere deep in a box are pictures of myself and my brothers posing in a Santa's sleigh.

Thanks for kindling a memory.

Dan Goodsell said...

cool - I also vote for more obscure park pics!