Friday, April 14, 2006

Souvenir Friday- Enchanted Tiki Room Shirts

I have been thinking that on Fridays I would post Disneyland souvenir or other non photo items. And with Disney Shopping having put on sale a new batch of Enchanted Tiki Room items including shirts and dresses, to showcase some of the original vintage shirts. Disney Shopping released a copy of the first shirt, but certain details they could not replicate. The most telling is the size of the print, the original is more finely detailed and smaller the second is a great signature in the selvege with one of the few public uses of the WED enterprises name. The second shirt is what I call the headhunter pattern with shields, skulls, an African native and more. This shirt comes in two colors, the more brown one seen here and one with a more green color. Both of these shirts are commercially manufactured with little size tags under the Disneyland label. Both are great examples of printed Aloha shirts.

3 comments:

Chris Merritt said...

Great to see the originals!

Anonymous said...

Deart Sir;
Pleeeeeese help me: Where can I find a copy of the "Soundtrack" for Disney's "Rocket to the Moon" ride? It was played for people IN LINE, not the actual ride itself, and has vaguely echoing horns and some ominous drumbeats, kind of like Copland's "Fanfare". I swore I heard this floating around the net about a year ago, but I never bookmarked it. Please note it is NOT that hideous guitar-rock riff from "Space Mountain", but a truly moody and evocative piece that aurally suggests the majesty and danger of a big rocket.
am I crazy?
And if you cannot help, would you be so kind as to point me towards someone who might know?
Thank You!

bb.bt@verizon.net

Anonymous said...

Until further notice, please regard "Deart Sir" as "Dear Sir".
Thanks You.