Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Monorail and Submarine Voyage Entrance One Morning in 1960

The photographer next snapped an image of the front of the Monorail and Submarine Voyage entrances. This is pre park opening with several construction trucks out front. I never noticed it before, but the sign is designed to appear as a conning tower to a submarine with the periscopes, walkway and all the other items seen on a sub. I also like the shade canopies. Too bad Disneyland's Tomorrowland of today is not as colorful.

3 comments:

Chris Merritt said...

Which eventually became that bandstand for The Yachtsmen, in the mid-1960s! As you well know....

Major Pepperidge said...

Wowee, thank you for sharing these amazing slides. What a find! That's the Tomorrowland that I love so much.

Anonymous said...

I wonder what the new Sub/Monorail station will look like. The Sub Voyage is my most missed attraction, and it'll be good to have it back. I always wanted to ride it during the day, but my family always ended up going on it as the last ride of the night, before leaving on the Monorail upstairs.

And I love the image of these old colorful trucks driving through the park in the morning. What do they use now? Electric Vehicles? Meh... The 50's/60's just looked so much cooler. Thanks for the reminders.