Thursday, July 28, 2016

Garden Party With the People of America, America On Parade 1976

Another image of America On Parade in Disneyland in 1976. This set feature the people of America having a lovely soiree. I call this the Garden Party. A couple questions have come up with what happened to the floats and the people costumes. I have seen one picture of the big headed person in Germany in EPCOT Center when it opened. The character was redressed in a German barmaid outfit. (You can check it out on Yesterland.)

1 comment:

K. Martinez said...

Yes, I've seen those characters at EPCOT Center too. Wonder what they recycled from the floats? Then I imagine how much stuff is a part of people's private collections yet to be revealed to Disney park fans. Thanks for the continued posting of my favorite Disney daytime parade.