Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Sleeping Beauty Castle Views

I know everyone has seen images of Sleeping Beauty Castle on here (and other blogs) hundreds of times. The castle was one of the prime photogenic locations at Disneyland (and in fact is still one of the most photographed locations.) The first image, from the 1963 trip I have been posting, shows the castle from the left hand side, or for those more nostalgic from the Carnation Gardens side. A recent change to the caste drawbridge has removed the risk of people falling off the bridge, so the kids sitting on the wall of the drawbridge would not be able to do so today.

The second image does not show much in the way of park architecture or attractions, but it was a nice addition to the ambiance of Disneyland. Do they still have lovely swans swimming in the moat any more?

1 comment:

Major Pepperidge said...

Somebody recently told me that there are still swans in the moat - but not every day. I guess I will have to trust them!