Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Let's Go to the 1965 New York World's Fair

One of the major attractions in the summer of 1965 was the New York World's Fair held in Flushing Meadows. The fair featured international pavilions, industrial displays, rides and shows and attractions. First image is part of the international area of the World's Fair. Based upon this picture, there was quite a crowd present on this day.

Next image is a view of the Ford Pavilion and a nice group of colorful flags. I like the large NYWF flags flying here.

Final image for today is the Vatican Pavilion. I like the lights in front of the building, and the worker in his red and white nautical outfit.

2 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

The more I see of this Fair, the more I wish I could have seen it FOR REAL!

barrel said...

Some of those cool lights can still be found in use: http://www.nywf64.com/legacies02.shtml