Thursday, June 13, 2013

Having Fun in the Future

Three views of Tomorrowland at Disneyland in June of 1964. The slides are from the same trip as the lovely views from the Swiss Family Treehouse yesterday. The first view is of the Avenue of Flags leading to the world of tomorrow. Any slide featuring nuns in Disneyland holding a souvenir guide is a great one.

Next up is a great view of the House of the Future with nice modern bench and vases outside and a long line to enter the house.

The last image is my favorite with so much great fun being captured. The family on the saucers bumping each other, the group of guests waiting to enjoy the attraction and the cast members. Unfortunately I cannot see the patch on the hats of the cast members.

3 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

All of these are fantastic. I just can't get enough of vintage Tomorrowland. That first one is a real beauty, the second one is a rare angle, and that Saucers photo is especially "action-y".

K. Martinez said...

Nice view of House of the Future. I love the contrast of white plastic with bare branches and pink flowers. I don't think I've ever seen the sculptures before. Very unusual.

Anonymous said...

The 2 previous Tomorrowland versions are still more intereting and colorful than todays! Glad I had the chance to ride those saucers...almost looks like me in the middle of that shot making a hard left. Who know?