Monday, December 31, 2012

Freedomland Slide Collection Part 6

More slides from Freedomland. First up is a slide I should have shown yesterday, an image of Little Boy Blue resting on a haystack. When I looked at the slide yesterday before scanning the slide, it looked like an image of a wounded soldier as seen in the Civil War ride.

Next up is the sister sternwheeler steamship to the American, the Canadian. I showed a nice shot of the American a couple of days ago. Note the Conoco gas station in the background. Conoco was a major sponsor of Freedomland.

Next up are two image of the American Express stage coach ride. Not as scenic as Disneyland's stage coach, it still must have been a thrill for youngsters to ride a real stage coach.

2 comments:

K. Martinez said...

I love the piled boulders and dirt. I sometimes imagine if Freedomland survived how it would look today with all the foliage after fifty years growth of the vegetation.

Thanks for all your work and sharing your collection Matterhorn.

Happy New Year!

Major Pepperidge said...

Did you hear that the Knott's stagecoach had an accident? I'm always afraid that something like that will happen and it will be removed.

These Freedomland pics are so great, I am really enjoying them.